Two--Four Weblog -- Running commentary.
William J. Beck III
Politics - Culture
"The Dark Thread" - One man's search for differences between Us and Them on downtown Atlanta streets, after the Rodney King Affair.
"To the Citizens of Union, S.C." - An open letter to a small town besieged by Susan Smith.
"Too Late For a Political Solution?" - Where are we headed?.
"A Misplaced Book Review" - Roger Morris' "Partners In Power", reviewed... because somebody had to do it.
"Life On The Line" - Up against the cops...who were up against me.
Sense of Life
"Fallingwater" - Considerations of a famous dwelling.
"World Series - 1991" - A baseball fan's wildest dreams.
"Hog Heaven at Sturgis" - Saddle up a Harley at the world's largest bike rally.
"Harleyween" - Bike spooks at midnight.
"Requiem For A Racer" - A farewell to Scott Brayton.
"My Guitar Life" - A memoir, devoted to Dad.
"Introduction" - from my journal kept during En Vogue's "Funky Divas" tour of 1992. The full journal is entitled "How Million Miles? - Fifty-One Days on the Road", and comprised of 28 articles including the introduction and glossary of terms.
- Los Angeles - August 31, 1992: First rehearsal notes.
- Los Angeles - September 4, 1992: Second rehearsal notes.
- Los Angeles - September 6, 1992: Third rehearsal notes.
- Jacksonville, Fla - September 12
- Tampa, Fla - September 13
- New York, N.Y. - September 15
- Pittsburgh, Pa - September 17
- Washington, D.C. - September 19
- Philadelphia, Pa - September 20
- Atlanta, Ga. - September 22
- St. Louis, Mo. - September 24
- Chicago, Ill. - September 25
- Detroit, Mich. - September 26
- Cincinnati, Oh. - September 27
- Columbus, Oh. - September 29
- Oklahoma City, Okla. - October 1
- Dallas, Tex. - October 2
- Houston, Tex. - October 3
- New Orleans, La. - October 4
- Cleveland, Oh. - October 8
- Buffalo, N.Y. - October 9
- Albany, N.Y. - October 10
- Oakland, Calif. - October 14
- Las Vegas, Nev. - October 16
- Universal City, Calif. - October 17
- Anaheim - October 18, 1992: Last show of the tour.
- Glossary of Terms
Notes on learning to fly the old fashioned way.
- "Chatter" - First Flight
- First Landing
- "Tour-T Roulette"
- "Back In the Saddle" (after almost eight weeks off)
- Initial Solo
- Second Solo - First Aerobatic Hop
- An Evening At Chapel
- First Time Away From LZU - Solo
- Formation Ferry Hop
- "Rust Never Sleeps"
- "Driving" - Dual Cross-Country
- Airsick on Foggles - First Instrument Ride
- The One-Minute Lesson (Class D Airspace Follies, illustrated)
- "One Breath's Time"
"Jets" ...paean to tough edges of a very particular sort.
"Esteem Well Earned" - "killer games".
"Serenade To The Big Bird" - A Sentimental Journey.
"The Hunters"- pocket review of James Salter's novel.
No Treason -- my articles